Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Pierre Hermé, Mille-Feuille Satine and research run

From Pierre Hermé, got the Mille-Feuille Satine (864 yen) in response to their winning the last cake-off (otherwise, I've over-sampled them a little at this point, so I would have to wait to get something new from them). For research purposes, due to having entered a new month, I did a swing through the Tokyo Station to Ginza area shops, not everyone is everyone changes on a monthly schedule.

Nothing significantly different at Sadaharu Aoki, in Marunounich or Isetan, and the same goes for Jean-Paul Hévin, though they pointed out in the former location that it was the last day for an ice cream drink (they know I'm looking to see what's new), which I'm doubly little interested in (which maybe doesn't make sense, mathematically). Viron changed their season cake, but not one of the greats that I was looking for. Toshi Yoroizuka has four special Parfaits for the next two weeks, again definitely not cake. Frédéric Cassel did not have any greats I was looking for, but I'll be able to get something new from them when I need to. Only a slightly different line-up than the Jiyugaoka shop for Origines Cacao, but none of the former greats (which might all have come from the closed Nihonbashi shop). Dalloyau had zero new things, which is suspicious, but they were busy and I didn't stay to ask; I figure I'll get back there within a week or so, anyway when I visit Frédéric Cassel. Finally, Del'Imo in Akasaka still has the one great cake I'm interested in.

Still have a sore butt, but ran through it as best I could and again, now it feels fine, pretty much like yesterday. One of these days, I'll really be recovered. At least my head feels better now. Still, only 9 km/h for the 14 km. That makes a marathon distance for two days total, so I won't feel guilty with a short run tomorrow. Not sure whether I'll be able to run, and Saturday is a little busy, so it's going to be a relatively short run, though I could do two relatively short runs.

The Mille-Feuille Satine was excellent, as expected. This seems to be their favorite "fetish", judging by them having a whole book about it. Specifically, it's orange and passion fruit. The mille-feuille uses creamed cream cheese (if that makes sense; at least that's my translation of Japanese for "cream cheese cream"), which works well with the slight citrus taste (although their citron fetish is different; I'm waiting for that one to come around again for a couple greats).



No comments:

Post a Comment