Thursday, July 27, 2017

Éclat des Jours: Forêt Noire

Another cloudy day where rain was promised in the evening and didn't come, though it was cool enough that I was probably better off that way. Did the Éclat des Jours run again. Was just above 10 km/h out and 8 km/h back (little below 11 km each way), which is about perfect. I'm spending less time racing where I can't make the light, although lots of running lately meant that I was not as fast where elsewhere where I could have gone faster.

Since I arrive near closing time, I'm running low on options at Éclat des Jours. This time I went with the Forêt Noire, which was a familiar sight there. This is chocolate whipped cream with a couple cherries on chocolate cake on whipped cream with cherries on a bottom of chocolate cake. It was good as a light chocolate cake goes (I was careful to let it have a few minutes to warm up after taking it from the refrigerator, because that's what you're supposed to do with whipped cream), but would have been better without the cherries in my opinion, as expected, which is why I had been avoiding this one. However, this shop remains my top Quite Excellent shop and I need one shop from this group, so I'll be back there in about a week and a half (I'm busy the end of next week). Eventually, I may need to go there on non-workday to get access to the full range, but first I'll try a Monday again (I suspect the odd Tuesday's that they are open are the best day to visit, but I just went, so I won't try that next week).




No comments:

Post a Comment