Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Éclat des Jours: Chokochoko

Did my sixth run to Éclat des Jours for Chokochoko (French pronunciation, "shokoshoko"; 596 yen). It rained just before I ran, so the temperature dropped 10 degC, though it increased afterward and still was humid. Still, better than recently and, more importantly, I seem to have finally recovered from my tail soreness. Actually, this might have been the fastest I've done this run, though I was still going too fast through the middle, wasting effort for stop lights that I'll never make.

I've been disappointed in in sufficiently chilled mousse cake, so I might have gone too far this time. It did not freeze, but I'm not sure that the vanilla center should have been semi-solid rather than creamy. Still, I preferred this to too melty and am declaring this excellent. There is some crunch in the base, as their should be for a mousse cake, and a some berry mixed into the chocolate to just slightly modify the flavor. I'm thinking blackberry, but the time from getting the cake to eating it was more than 2.5 hours, so it's too hard to hang onto the details during a 10.5 return run, so it might have been raspberry. Either way, it harmonized and remained a very chocolate cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment