Sunday, April 10, 2016

Sunday: Lettre d'Amour [Closed]


It was convenient to stop at Lettre d'Amour and go to the cafe space, which had only one other person around noon on a Sunday, which shouldn't surprise me, given the general lack of customers there. I ordered the Caprice set, which was 1550 yen + 8% tax with a pot of tea, although I see that the receipt was rung up as if it were 870 yen and called Set Putiful (?), so I'm confused. I would say that this is a sampler, but the tiny cakes don't necessary correspond to current small cakes and it supposedly is not a stable lineup. Left to right, the first is cheese on the top layer, a delicious maracon, a little hard tart, perhaps rare cheese cake, solid chocolate with a candy coating, and probably pistachio mousse with raspberry inside and strawberry on top. I'll say this is great, but I don't really try to compare cafe sets with regular patisserie cake. Still, I'd be happy to go back, although there is also a Dalloyau cafe just down the street by Meguro Station, so that also would be tempting.



No comments:

Post a Comment