Wednesday, April 27, 2016

L'Abricotier: Trilogie au Chocolat

Have been busy, but got a chance to go out on a weekday, so I visited L'Abricotier for a fourth post. Still didn't get my third target cake, but got this Trilogie au Chocolat for 480 yen. This is a chocolate mousse dome with dark, milk, and white chocolate layers (besides the chocolate coating on the outside). I'm really struggling with rating this one, since it doesn't really escape the limitations of the chocolate mousse dome, although the taste was good and the construction was excellent (of example, the base cake was not overly soft sponge, unlike a non-Tokyo shop I visited for lack of much else open in that neighborhood yesterday). Also, based on their reputation so far, I'm going to put this one down as excellent, as it is an excellent example of what it is. We'll see what they have for me next week, although I'll probably go again on a Wednesday (a national holiday), so they may have exactly the same cakes available, which is okay.



In running news, I haven't been, and yet things do not seem to be getting better, perhaps because I did a lot of walking and some biking. My experimentation with serious running last Friday really did not agree with my knees, which made walking last weekend unpleasant, but I'm not sure that it's even the same part of the my knee as before. It feels more like my college knee problems come back. Anyway, I won't be running again soon and I won't be running like that again unless I try it for a very short distance and see how that goes and then slowly build things up, over months if not years. Definitely more pain than I'm willing to put up with and not something I can run with, even though it most seemed okay at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment