Friday, April 8, 2016

12.5 km to Aux Bacchanales and back for Mille Feuille

Did another Ginza run to Aux Bacchanales (with two back-ups ready in mind), which actually had several cakes (all familiar). It was 6.6 km there and 5.9 km back and I ran exactly the same time for both, within .04 s of each other, which is weird, but I suppose not that weird, since the numbers aren't random. I decided to give up on measuring small distance (on the order of 1 km) when I'm not on a track: too time consuming. Instead, I just have to run the hilly parts faster or make up time elsewhere. The outbound was fast and the return was moderate, both of which I'm happy with. I expect to rest (well, not really; actually, I have an exhaustingly lot of things planned) the next couple days and then I'm taking Monday off to run (as well as other things, perhaps), and then rest up to two days after that, since my knee is still not happy, but only to a certain extent (it hates walking the most, especially walking after running, and the beginning of running, but doesn't get worse and hasn't bothered me at home).

The cake was Mille Feuille for 465 yen. Yeah, it's not an expensive place, even in Ginza. This mille feuille has raspberries, which is a first for me I think. I like mille feuille and I liked this one. It was good, but I can't say that it was better than that, so calling Aux Bacchanales excellent rather than great probably is fair and I'll update the map.

No comments:

Post a Comment