Friday, April 15, 2016

Friday: Frédéric Cassel, Jivara

Did a little running after 4 days rest for the back tendon on my left knee. Managed 8.3 km very slow. No problem for maybe 7 km, but then I decided I had to stop. That's not too bad for such a short rest. I'll stick to bicycling this weekend and see how I am for running Monday.

Went to Frédéric Cassel in Ginza Mitsukoshi, and they had some new cakes for April, unlike Henri le Roux, so they are more like a real cake place in that respect. This time's cake was Jivara, which is a kind of milk chocolate I've learned (I always have to look up the phonetic Japanese to try to figure out what the Roman spelling might be). It's mainly milk chocolate mousse, although drier than normal for mousse, almost "cake-like", if that makes sense in context. There was also Bavarian creme inside and hazelnut, although I'm not sure how the latter was mixed in, besides the obvious ones on top. It was well balanced and maybe excellent (versus definitely excellent), but I'd prefer better for 756 yen, though the price is not surprising for the location.





No comments:

Post a Comment