Sunday, April 17, 2016

Cycling to L'Abricotier: Noisettine

No running today, and now I feel sick (not sure with what), so no running tomorrow looks like, but it wouldn't hurt to keep resting my knee.

Did go out by bicycle (wasn't feeling particularly sick then, although there were symptoms yesterday; could just be new pollen flying around there, especially with these high winds). It was back to L'Abricotier again. They didn't have the featured cake that I was looking for (only three little fresh cakes featured on their main page, and I've had the first two), so I went with what appealed to me the most, even though it is new (new things aren't necessarily the best way to evaluate a place, since they can be novelty for novelty's sake, but this is the third cake, so not a big deal). I ate in again, for the same reason as last time: bicycles and cake do not mix and strong wind (although I waited until the rain had stopped). This time, a different person (and on a different day of the week) didn't press me to order a drink (although that could have been my misunderstanding last time).

I got the Noisettine, which is apple and hazelnut on a (butter?) tart base. Specifically, there is a lot of hazelnut cream (I think) with chopped hazelnuts, a tart base that may have apple but I strongly suspect hazelnuts (or hazelnut power) in it, since it was obviously darker than just butter and flour, with some small green pieces of apple sauté (so, really soft) in between. I liked all aspects of this and the basic idea appeals to me, although I didn't know that apple would be good (actually, there is not a lot and I'm not sure how much I could taste it other than sensing that it added some sweetness). The price was only 450 yen. I definitely plan to go back next week and the week after that (no cake could be bad enough next week that I wouldn't still think this place potentially great).


No comments:

Post a Comment