Friday, April 29, 2016

Thursday: Passion de Rose: exotic

As planned, I went to Isetan after work and got cake from Passion de Rose, which is this week's visiting patisserie, whom I haven't posted on but have had their cake some time in the past and found it good but not exceptional. Maybe because the next day was a holiday, there was the longest line I've seen since the renovation (which is not that long) and most varieties were sold out. My best choice was this, which I think is the Exotic, for 560 yen. Supposedly, this is chocolate with passion fruit, as well as earl grey and banana. Although imported, it is hard for me to think of bananas as exotic, and I almost just left without buying anything, but I got this give them a chance to impress me. However, even though banana was mentioned last in their description, it was dominant (although I could taste the chocolate). It's a good cake, but nothing special and definitely does not convince me that I need more cakes with banana in them.


No comments:

Post a Comment