Saturday, April 2, 2016

L'Abricotier: L'Abricotier

No running, in preparation for tomorrow's run (definitely no running Monday either, unless tomorrow's is rained out).  I was reminded that riding a bicycle in Tokyo is not particularly pleasant (too many people and cars), but I was doing some shopping that required carrying things and I preferred exercise.

The signature cake of L'Abricotier (the apricot) is L'Abricotier, which is 460. The apricot comes in as gelatin, which is fine, whereas most of the cake is almond mousse (thus the almond on top). There is a small cake disk toward the bottom which I think uses hazelnuts, and a crunch bottom that is almond. It's possible that I have the nuts reversed on the last, as the nut pieces were fairly big and did not look like they were cut from either, although I suppose it's hard to tell. Mini macarons were appreciated, as they almost always are. I'm going to say that this was great (even if I don't expect other cakes from here to live up to this level).


No comments:

Post a Comment