Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Très Calme, Fraise Citron

Recently, I promoted Très Calme to excellent and it was time for another new cake from them, though I've been focused on very good shops and other priorities before taking care of the excellent ones. However, since they are visiting Isetan right now, which is convenient, I decided to get cake from them today, their first day (they will stay through the 14th, the usual period being disrupted by the White Day holiday). They do have cake at Isetan, but only half the display space (again, White Day), so there were only four cakes. One was Pistache Apricot, which I was happy to see, because I want it for a cake-off, though I was surprised not to see their signature Mont-Blanc. Instead the other three cakes were Exquis, which is high-end chocolate and excellent and so even though I've had it from them before, it was labeled as an Isetan exclusive, so it's not currently in the regular line-up apparently; a cake I asked about and seemed to have too much coffee for me, and Fraise Citron, which is actually a verrine, not my favorite form of fresh "cake". For running, I tried again to do the Tomigaya--Yoyogi loop. I did the first turn correctly, but it put me on something that was just a footpath squeezed between buildings, not even an alley, so I'm revising the map to go around it, even though it will have me doubling back. Maybe I'll try again tomorrow in the evening. In the early afternoon, which I'm taking off, I plan to go back for the Pistache Apricot and then make a run to En Vedette for their namesake cake for an early cake-off. It's under 10 km, so I can go out again later, though I have other more serious things to do tomorrow. I had planned to go to P. Ces Jours, but perhaps next Wednesday.

For a verrine, or even for a strawberry-based cake, the Fraise Citron was definitely good and this shop remains firmly in excellent. If they win their cake-off, though, I think I'll pass on the coffee-based cake and make a trip out to the main shop, unless I find that they vary the Isetan line-up over time. There is also a limited time Sadaharu Aoki cake at Isetan, so I'll be back there as least twice during Très Calme's run, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment