Saturday, March 16, 2019

Liberté: Saint Honoré

Thursday, I wanted to do a short run and get a pastry or some other small non-cake item. I was going to check Jinguumae and go as far as Shibuya Station, if necessary, but did not expect to find a bakery café on the north end on Jinguumae. I only found it because I overshot where I intended to turn and was doubling back on a road that cuts perpendicular to any direction I'm usually trying to go. The shop is Tournage and the café aspect is apparently fairly recent, not not terribly obvious from even looking inside, since there is not a lot of space. There was lots of sold out display space relative to the tiny size and I guess they do baking classes there. A newer shop is out in Toranomon could also be connected to the neighborhood course map if I use subway access stairs and tunnels to get past the main roads. I got a nut tart of some sort, which was definitely good and better than I expected, so they probably have good stuff, if you go earlier than I did, though they are more bread oriented than pastries. Anyway, it seems a much more significant bakery than the other bakery on the Jinguumae north loop.

Friday, I went to Isetan and got a cake from Liberté, who are a relatively new place and was visiting Isetan for the first time. I got what was labeled as just Saint Honoré, though it was chocolate. Unfortunately, it was just good: worth eating but not really worth buying. It can boast good ingredients, which I believe. I've been giving good shops a second chance when they visit Isetan, but I might wait until their next visit, as I have a lot of other places I want to go. For running, I successfully practiced the newly revised Jinguuemae north loop. It's another half kilometer longer but simpler in some ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment