Thursday, March 7, 2019

Cake-off: Très Calme's Pistache Apricot over Frédéric Cassel's Choux Vanille

Took the afternoon off and started by getting Très Calme's Pistache Apricot from Isetan, where they did have their specialty, a Mont-Blanc, this time. The latter should have warned me, even though my longer memory had failed, that I was going to run into trouble running to En Vedette in the afternoon, because the cake of the same name, their specialty, was sold out. I do need to get new cake from them, and they had lots of cake, but I was already committed to a cake-off. Already wet and cold, from there I ran to Ginza Mitsukoshi, which has the other available great cakes needing a second round. I tried the Choux Vanille from F. Cassel first, since that definitely sells out as well and it was already past 4 pm, and was finally successful.

Though it looks like a mismatch, this Choux wouldn't be in the great list, with one win, if it couldn't hold its own. However, Pistache Apricot is also definitely great, so I had to choose. I decided to go for the heavy fruity tart over light vanille simplicity, but I could eat another Choux Vanille, no problem. These are great cakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment