Saturday, March 2, 2019

Cake-off: Ladurée's Plaisir Sucré over Yu Sasage's Ardèche

Friday night, I tried again to get the Matcha Croissant from Sadaharu Aoki at Roppongi, but they were sold out. In good news, they had the new seasonal cakes, right on schedule (the main seasonal change is every 3 months, whereas I'm not sure when JPH well change, so I have to keep watching, though the café menu has). I also decided that the Nino Caffe next to Nogizaka Station deserves to be on the neighborhood course, so that loop needs a slight adjustment. I didn't get cake from Sadaharu Aoki, since it wasn't a cake day, but got a Cinnamon Raison Roll from Cinnabon near Roppongi Hills. It was okay. I should have microwaved it; I knew better. Notice that it isn't doused in frosting. The guy at the register seemed to have never heard of it and had to take the sign I pointed at and ask someone else. It's not a regular menu item, apparently.

Met someone in the morning, so I set off a little before noon for running. I limited myself to just a few pictures to add to the neighborhood map. I like to break up the run a little, but figured I didn't have much time, since I wanted specifically Ardèche from Yu Sasage. I would have gone to Ces Jours if that had failed and done a cake-off tomorrow. I took the train back as far as Shinjuku Station and got Plaisir Sucré from the Ladurée there (which still has take out, even though they eliminated the seating). Ardèche was relatively subtle next to the brute force of Plaisir Sucré, which I gave the win. I think Ardèche maybe doesn't need to be on the great list. As much as I like this type, I have enough already on the list that I like better, tough this was definitely excellent.

After lunch and tea and cakes (and a rest to update my map), I went out again around 4 pm and tried to capture photos of some missing sites and found a few new sites as well, so needed more time to adjust the map. The Moto-Azabu--Roppongi loop has gotten rather convoluted. This chocolate shop is probably the most important addition. Still shows up as a luxury fashion shop on Google Maps.


No comments:

Post a Comment