Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Michalak, Michalak Monkoeur

Wednesday, again my feet felt much better than the previous day, but not perfect. Decided not to run, though I did walk again to Isetan and get cake and later I rode a bicycle to get groceries, which was actually no problem, so I'm going to try going out by bicycle tomorrow morning as stage one. The second stage is still planned to be on foot, so I'm not sure how that will go. Also, rain is coming, which might matter. Anyway, for today, I got a first cake a shop on the neighborhood running course that just opened a counter at Isetan, besides the one on Omotesandou Avenue on the end near the Harajuku Station (on the far southeast end, for the subway): Michalak. I got the Michalak Monkoeur (I'm assuming the spelling was deliberate, versus Mon Coeur, since other product names used k's when written in the Latin alphabet, though where to break between words is less clear). This is a chocolate biscuit, yuzu syrup, chocolate mousse (under the red sauce), and exotic fruit (I think at Isetan the explanation said 4 fruits, in the form of compote). The fruit taste is a little thick but this is nicely decadent, so combined with it being a first cake, I think excellent is a reasonable rating. I'd certainly like to have another cake from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment