Thursday, March 21, 2019

Cake-off: Paris S'éveille's Saint Honoré Caramel over Éclat des Jours' Rhum Raisin

Today's is not a very happy post. First, in celebration of the first day of spring (a national holiday, sensible) I went to Éclat des Jours by bicycle and got their Rhum Raisin for a cake-off and brought it back the same way. That was fine, though I found that the cleaners is closed on holidays. They also close early on workdays, and I've been working late, which is kind of a problem. I'm hoping Friday I'm not to late, because I really need to pick something up, even if I don't have time to stop at home to get something to take.

In the afternoon, I ran to Paris S'éveille to get their Saint Honoré Caramel. For some reason, Google suggested what seemed to be a longer than usual route (maybe if finally figured out that you can't cross Ring Road 7 on foot from the road parallel to the train tracks. I also incorporated a couple sites to take pictures of, one new (old) bread shop in Jinguumae and a couple in meguro (and one that turned out to not exist), if I ever get back to expanding the neighborhood course. I seemed to be running fine until the last kilometer, and then my right foot had had enough. I could manage to continue, but it wasn't pleasant and I iced at home. I had skipped running 4 days. Looks like I'm going to skip more next. Well, I'm a little busy the next couple weekends anyway. Got got my cake and saw that they had a couple of other regular ones I want to cake-offs that I hadn't seen previously, so know I know I just have to go at the right time.

I wasn't that into cake today, and I'm reluctant to blame the cake, but certainly Rhum Raisin has also been a precarious as a great cake. Sure it's the best rum raisin cake I know, but do I need it? It's on probation, but it had three great evaluation, so it's not in any immediate danger of getting kicked off. However the win goes to Saint Honoré Caramel, though I'm feeling that I've had this too much lately. Also, I didn't match this up will with tea, so I should watch that (it's pretty sweet, so it needs a strong tea to balance it). Still, I really appreciated it's quality as a saint honoré compared to a recent disappointment.


No comments:

Post a Comment