Thursday, March 28, 2019

Megan: Moist Gateau Chocolat

Wednesday, I noticed that the Trend Sweets shop at Isetan (which get's a three-week run) had cake, so I changed my plan and got a Moist Gateau Chocolat from Megan Bar & Patisserie, which is based in Higashi, Shibuya Ward, outside the Yamanote Line. It's too new to show up on Google Streetview, but I assume it's part of a new hotel that they provide a link to on their webpage. I'll have to work it into my neighborhood map once I'm up and running again. I got a slice, but they use the name for a whole cake with a different top decoration on their website. On their cake menu, they list Moist Terrine Chocolat, so I assume that this is probably that version. Anyway, it's a flour-less chocolate cake, which I'm pretty easy for. There was not a lot of other cake options there, nothing I'm overly optimistic about, but I'll be sure to follow up while they are at Isetan (which will probably remain my only source through next week), since this was an excellent first cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment