Sunday, March 31, 2019

Cake-off: Paris S'éveille's Monsieur Arnaud over Rue de Passy's Opera Pistache

No running is this plan for this week too. For today, though I went by bicycle down to Jiyuugaoka and back to get cakes for a cake-off. The lead cake Paris S'éveille's Monsieur Arnaud, in the sense that it's next on the list of available cakes, originally from April. To go with it, my first choice was Opera Pistache (a name I apparently haven't used before, but that's what I remember seeing on the card, though it could have said "Pistachio" without me noticing). I also confirmed the hotel bar and patisserie, Megan, in Higashi, Shibuya. I could see a lot of foreigners inside, so image a hotel on a former site of an incinerator is less attractive to locals. Also, I assume it's cheap and for people attracted to the Shibuya Station area.

Both of these cakes are pretty robust to cycling, for fortunately. I enjoyed both cakes, though I admit my physical condition wasn't as good as I would like, and it might have been impacting my appreciation. Still, I don't feel compelled to cut either of these from the list, but Monsieur Arnaud is more important to me.

Other important news is that Paris S'éveille had a new cake, so when I've got more than one day free a week (when I like to do a cake-off), I should try to get down there; I'm about 3 cakes beyond on visiting them. Until then, Isetan has more shops with cakes that are a high priority than I have days this week to visit them, so no problem.

I almost forgot to mention that I visited the Tokyo Midtown Jean-Paul Hévin for lunch on Saturday. For dessert, besides half a Mont-Blanc (maybe their best cake), I shared Œuf à la Neige, which was interesting as something new, but other not very exciting, just good.

No comments:

Post a Comment