Wednesday, April 5, 2017

FOBS: Mont-blanc

Finally visited another new shop from among those Sweet Sonobe has mentioned, (Patisserie) FOBS, which stands for "Farine Oeuf Beurre Sucre". It's over 8 km away and closes at 8 pm, so there was not a huge selection when I got there. I think the other cake was their Fraise, which also looked pretty standard, like what I chose, the Mont-blanc for 540 yen. 
This particular mont-blanc is about equal parts French chestnut paste, unsweetened cream, and meringue. The meringue had more than just sugar and eggs, but did not seem heavy on almond powder. Can you make meringue with flour, or does that destroy it? Also, alcohol somewhere, supposedly, and inside was a little cassis. It was definitely quite good (I should say that I like a mild chestnut) but it was not so distinctive., which I don't mind, but affects my rating.

I was a little slower today than yesterday, on purpose: 10 km/h going out and 9 km/h coming back. I mean to mention yesterday that I did shopping Monday, which gave me more than 6 km, so my Sunday to Tuesday 3-day runs broke 70 km. The next couple days I have more local shops in mind. The weekend runs too are more modest, maybe 25 km per day. The weather is not looking great, so it's just as well. I should have the budget to hit more new shops on the weekday, and I extend farther on the list of what's accessible. (I've got one 15 km each-way shop that's open until 9 pm. I'm saving that for last, but there are only a few others on the list right now.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment