Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Sakura: Madona

Working my way through places that I've never blogged on but are reachable on a weekday, I ran to Sakura in Toyosu, which is about 19 km round trip. The main problem going there is going through Ginza, where, between the crowds and the stoplights, you're really better off going underground and walking from about the first Ginza station to East Ginza Station, as far as going east-west. I did 12+ km/h the first half out and then dropped down to 9 km/h for the second outbound half, even walking underground (which I included in the time both ways) and doing a couple big pedestrian bridges (as well as three bridges over water, each way). There was some rain in the second half, but the first half coming back was down to 8 km/h, even without rain, due to strong winds (which didn't let up much), though I got back up to 9 km/h for the last bit, despite the wind.

The cake was Madona (マドンナ; 493 yen), which is puck-shaped chocolate mousse cake with a "smoky" flavor, created by chili pepper and salt. It was definitely good and I appreciated the creativity, but not really special enough that I need to get back there soon. I should congratulate their good packing, since this side at least traveled pretty well given the the mad made the bag carrying its box horizontal frequently.

No comments:

Post a Comment