Saturday, April 8, 2017

Limevert: Chocolat Framboise

Took a run to P. & café Limevert via Fraoula (no luck again on the cake I want), getting off course very soon out of Fraoula, which was standard all day, although I wasn't trying very hard to stay on course coming back, just letting the crossing signal dictate changes. We're in sakurayuki ("cherry snow") by now, but I wasn't running through the famous places and it's just a little misty, so didn't have any problems with crowds, even though I was running noon to 4 pm.

The cake was Chocolate Framboise and was pretty standard, with raspberry ganache between layers of moist (from the ganache, but maybe some liquor; I didn't read the card beyond the name, but something I looked at had alcohol and I think it was this) chocolate sponge cake. It was definitely good and I like chocolate a lot and raspberry, but I guess this standard cake doesn't really work that well for me. I'm not sure what I want instead. Maybe a raspberry chocolate tart (that is, something that looses the sponge cake). Still a quite excellent shop that needs another visit soon, though I also need to get to Abricotier and Yu Sasage, as weekend priorities. Maybe I can manage Abricotier in two weeks, since it's the nearest and I want to do a 50 km run the next day, including a visit to a new History and Culture course (three more to do, I think).

No comments:

Post a Comment