Saturday, April 29, 2017

Le Jardin Bleu: Nagori Mont-Blanc

Today, still no running because of a cough. Hope to be able to do at least stretches tomorrow. Went to Takashimaya and got a cake of Le Jardin Blue's. Not a huge selection there, but the actually shop is an about 60 km round trip, so even healthy, I may never manage that running.

I went with the Nagori Mont-Blanc (485 yen?), which I think uses Japanese chestnuts. Maybe I should not have, since it was plopped in the middle of a plastic wrapper sheet, which may have some structural advantage over just putting it on a dish but can't respect. The cake was good, mostly by being very sweet. The bottom was a meringue disk, but there was a softer cake disk on top of that without any special taste whose purpose must also have been structural. I've had a couple better cakes from this shop (one of which Takashimaya had), but the shop is now looking maybe quite good rather than my earlier assessment of potentially excellent, so it will probably be a long time before it gets my attention again.

No comments:

Post a Comment