Friday, April 14, 2017

Jean-Paul Hévin: Truffe de Truffe

For lack of other cake options, to further pay off my cake debt from doing a cake-off on Sunday and reward the winner, and just because I'm behind on sampling things from my favorite cake shop, I went to Jean-Paul Hévin at Isetan for something new and ended up choosing their Truffe de Truffe (~350 yen?). This turned out to be maybe great, though it is difficult to tell with something that is gone so quickly. It's light (as in airy) chocolate ganache in a thin chocolate shell covered in cocoa powder. It's very dark but not bitter. If they had other types Truffe, which I don't think they do, I would definitely try them next (until the next new fresh cake comes in).

The run for Friday was 13.2 km at about 10 km/h. I followed the Tokyo History and Culture course from the beginning of the Gaien Walk to the corner of Hibiya Park, where multiple courses meet, and then just headed home. Along some parts, I was actually following the course on the opposite of the street after being block by a demonstration near the Diet Building. I had considered doing a training run I had heard about designed to increase fat burning: 1 km warm-up, 1 km about as fast as possible, 3 min slow, 1 km as fast as possible, and then immediately run, I'm not sure how long, maybe 7 to 10 km, at a jog. But I'm not sure that fat burning is my problem (though my body fat doesn't go down) and something more fun seemed more reasonable. A training run is best for after a rest day, when I have maximum energy, so maybe Sunday night, since I'm taking off Saturday, for one reason because I've used all but a little bit of my two-week budget, at 181 km relative to 12 km/h (108% of two-week max up to one week before). Still not fully sure what I'll do next week, but I'm planning to rest Friday and Sunday will be a makeup for Saturday, perhaps, so with Dalloyau and one long run to an unblogged shop, perhaps I'll probably do another cake-off with easy-to-get-to shops (although that's been tricky in the past, midweek).

No comments:

Post a Comment