Thursday, April 20, 2017

[Wednesday] Le Coeur Pur: Cheese Tart

Wednesday, I did another run to Ogikubo looking for Le Coeur Pur, this time with more knowledge (like where they had moved to and that their name was not on the outside and is also a deli bakery). Inside, I cold find bakery products with the name Le Coeur Pur, so I knew it was the correct place but I was running pretty late (so to speak), and they were basically sold out, except some cheese tarts, so I ordered one of those and ate it in. The marked price was 360 yen before taxes, but she rang it up at 200 yen because it was tiny, really only two bites, although I stretched it to three. Although less useful as a measure of more typical cake, it still was rich and definitely good, better than what I usually make, but I'm still just going to stick with good and don't need to hurry back.

Related to running late, I was running fast, burning off some stress and not feeling a need to save any energy for later. Even passing through Shinjuku Station area, I managed 11 km/h average each way. One advantage of tiny cake was I was not weighed down, which suits me, and I could keep my speed up mostly for the entire 20 km. There was another couple kilometers regular grocery shopping running, but I couldn't seem to get my timing skill working by then, so I'm just calling it 9 km/h in my records.

No comments:

Post a Comment