Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Running slopes and stairs to Libertable: Crystal

The rain stopped most of the time and otherwise was not significantly different from the rain of sweat. Still, it was a late start due to work, so I had an excuse to not stray too far. I did my usual steepest slope loop near the Soka Gakkai campus/complex three times and did two and a half times around the pair of stairways at the nearby main neighbor shrine, and some other regular slopes before heading around Akasaka Palace and visiting Libertable again for the Crystal, which is a shu cream which is mostly hazelnut praline cream, which is different. For 388 yen, it is pretty reasonable and very good. It had been since Sunday that I had had a professionally made cake, so I would have bought the Zenith if they had had it, but this was still a good choice.

I also completed the rum banana tart and have to say, eh. I like bananas in my yogurt for breakfast, but I guess not otherwise. I've never had anything else with bananas where I appreciated them, just I had this tart recipe (from the cookbook that came with my oven) and wanted to try it. The custard and shell are still fine. I wonder whether I could substitute peaches. Run and peaches go together, don't they? I've still got 80 ml of rum, or about 5 more 14 cm tarts. 

Almost forgot that I took the next picture. I correctly judged that it would still be clear at night with my shaky hand. This is on Aoyama Street near where the loop around Akasaka Palace grounds runs into it going clockwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment