Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Weekday run to Aux Bacchanales Ginza: Castel

Again, I took the long way straight south to Aoyama Street and then west to the Moat course and on to Ginza, but this time I looped south, around Hibiya Park. Also, I carried cake rather than try to eat it outside, which was fine as it was not so windy as yesterday (the calm before the storm). Today was the land day of the heat wave and the taiphoon-generated rain storm has started. I hope that it lightens up at least by Sunday so that I can take a run, since this week I was able to get some training in (and rain might be better than 30+ degree air temp over hot asphalt in the sun). At least the storm is only scheduled through Friday with just normal rain for Saturday, but these things are not very predictable.

The cake was Castel for 475 yen. Was able to take pictures, although the name card failed fo focus and my Internet access is crap, but I got the index of cakes to load eventually. This is apparently a specialty of Aix-en-Provence, being hazelnut dacquoise as the cake and praline cream in between with whole/pieces of almonds and hazelnuts (besides the creamed nuts in the praline). A simple and focused cake in some ways, but great for a nut cake lover. This is the main reason that I call this a great shop, since the cake selection is not that deep or varied, but the two cakes I've posted about are great. I should try more of the other cakes, and plan to. Note that the lighting is golden: the plate is actually bone white, but the white flash-photo looks awful so I still used this. I guess I'll use the other overhead light next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment