Sunday, July 12, 2015

32 km to Jun Ujita: Gateau morjolaine, Orange caramel, Chocolat pistache

Today was a 32 km run along this course (I've imported things from the current Weekday map), which hits Jun Ujita at about the one-third point and returns there for the end. At the first visit (actually I've gotten simple chocolate cake there some time just to confirm that I hadn't been ignoring them for a good reason), I got a Gateaux majolaine for 450. As you see, with a hazelnut meringue crust (definitely could tell the nuttiness), there is a cream and butter layer and a cream and praline layer in the form a ganache sandwich. It was very good, but not so special. Maybe I would have wanted it to be a little "heavier", but then it would be a different cake.


(continued below due to Blogger label length restrictions)

No comments:

Post a Comment