Monday, July 27, 2015

No running

Since yesterday was my long run day and today it hit 35 degrees in Tokyo, no running, although I did some weight training indoors. I might regret it tomorrow, because rain is forecast. I went to Isetan for cake and checked out the Sucreries Nerd counter, but did not get too excited and ended up with just bread from Andersen, including this,
a ricotta cheese lemon pie, which was okay but not as great as I hoped. Next time I'll try the cinnamon bun. I still have a card from Sucreries Nerd, so maybe I'll go by when I run out of other places, since being at Isetan is recommendation enough.

Of course, I still had half a homemade chocolate-topped cheese tart. This time in adding the chocolate, I mixed in a tablespoon of yogurt to break up the crystal so I could cut through it rather than just break it into loose pieces, which worked. Today I added raspberry jam, which also worked. I asked at Jean-Paul Hevin about their sauces the other day, but they are about 3000 yen for 200 g and you ideally should finish the jar within two weeks of  opening it. I decided that 3000 yen was too much for me, so I'd stick to cheaper toppings, at least until I have company.




No comments:

Post a Comment