Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Acacier at Isetan: tarte framboise joanes (updated)

This week's shop was Acacier, which is in Saitama Prefecture. If I run out of Tokyo places I want to go, I'll visit neighboring prefectures, as long as running in Tokyo is involved. It is their first day at Isetan, so they were half sold out of cake when I got there. I got the Tarte Framboise Joanes (golden raspberries). I need to check my camera settings and lighting, because they look pink, which the ones I saw on Saturday were not. This was 599 yen. The flavor is very mellow and the tart was excellent, although nothing stands out as special except the fruit, nor would I expect it to. It's a standard shell with custard and then whipped cream, perhaps, forming the dome on which to arrange the raspberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment