Saturday, July 4, 2015

Saturday (2nd shop), Maison de petit four: "vague"

I did reconnaissance for next week in the Oyamadai to Jiyuugaoka stretch and stopped in some great shops but found that I was satisfied enough that I didn't want to wait (they were all busy on a Saturday afternoon). However, I swung through Isetan on the way to the 100 yen shop to stock up on yogurt, bananas, tofu, and some cheap snacks because I realized that I had not checked on the visiting cake shop of the week, which was a new one to me, Maison de petit four. I got the vague (or that's what the name looks like to me and their website doesn't list the little cakes). By coincidence (because Tokyo is a really small city), I jogged right past it today without noticing it (I wasn't noticing a lot by that point) when I was jogging along the Nomikawa (a river). I had jogged only the end part of this before where the river is buried and it's just a trail with a narrow park down the middle, but this time I jogged most of it, probably as much as you want to bother. It seemed a good place to jog, without not too much difficulty continuing without major detours or waits for cross-traffic.

Anyway, it's obviously chocolate cake. Supposedly it has bittersweet chocolat ganache. My impression was that it was a little watery, an impression that I've had before with chocolate cake. I'm not sure what it signifies, since it is not literally wet. Maybe the cake is very low fat or something, so it lacks richness. I don't know if I'll give them a second chance: they've got three more days at Isetan. Too bad, because I don't know any other shops down in Ota-ku.

No comments:

Post a Comment