Saturday, November 2, 2019

Cake-off: Éclat des Jours' Baked Cheesecake over Michalak's Mont-blanc

Saved my running for later and went by bicycle to get Éclat des Jours' Baked Cheesecake as a two time winning cake for the third-round cake-off. While I was there, I decided to try their Pain au Chocolat (I ate it at the nearest park, where I was very messy: I need to use the paper bag it comes in better), which was excellent, properly made with delicious chocolate.

To get the other cake, I ran to L'Abricotier. Unfortunately, they aren't currently making their best cake (which doesn't surprised me from past experience, and I should have asked when I was there recently, but it is still on their website). I had a backup planned, though, so I turned around and ran to Isetan and got Michalak's Mont-blanc.

It starts as a mystery why the Baked Cheesecake is such a winner, but the more I eat it, the more I like it. The Mont-blanc, on the other hand, is a little strong, both as chestnut and sugar, so I really need to clear my palate more than I did eating it. The win goes to the Baked Cheesecake, which becomes the tenth cake to clear the third-round cake-off undefeated. I was planning to get to Éclat des Jours for a new cake this weekend, anyway, but need to plan an an additional visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment