Sunday, November 10, 2019

Cake-off Jean-Paul Hévin's Longchamp Praliné over Origines Cacao, Tarte Citron

Went to Ginza the long way, so I could finish off the added Minami-Aoyama 1 loop and also get the pictures for the added Kita-Aoyama east loop. It was also a late start, as I had a morning appointment, but the goal was get there around noon in case I needed to visit a shop that opens then. The main target was Jean-Paul Hévin's Longchamp Praliné, but I then went to Origines Cacao and firmed that the Tarte Citron is not a standard, so I got that. I know I said I wasn't going to this week, but another seasonal cake appeared at F Cassel, so I figured I need to step things up. Also, I'm busy next week, so was not sure whether I would be able to get a cake-off in.

It was not a lot of running, but it was around 1 pm by the time I got home and then there was lunch, so I didn't save the cakes so long. The sugar-heavy Longchamp Praliné didn't have any trouble convincing me that it was the winner, but the Tarte Citron, while mild, went great with it, which I think as one of it's strong points, so I'm not so worried about it not belong with the greats.

I had planned to do my largest loop Sunday, so no more running Saturday, but I found a flaw in that loop, so I have to reset completing it (wiping out my clockwise completion), so it seemed less important. That being the case, I decided I'd work on other loops Sunday, so I started that by trying the revised Tomigaya-Yoyogi loop while also running an errand to figure out how to revise the Hatagaya--Nishihara loop, which was not as nearby as I had hoped, and I also stopped for bread. I was able to follow the planned loop perfectly, but realized that it couldn't be correct under my current rules for courses and I was right, so it was just practice (the correct map turns one block earlier at one point).

No comments:

Post a Comment