Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Pierre Gagnaire: Chocolat au Praliné Noisette

Went down to Pierre Gaganaire, since its two great cakes out of six made it top of the exceptional category and a challenger for the bottom of the quite exceptional category. It a relative near run, but I did the other half of my indoor workout afterward. Also, on the way I could do the tiny Yotsuya loop counterclockwise and check it off as the last of the Moto-Akasaka clump, which includes the southeast side of Meiji Gaien and the Akasaka Palace environs. I choose Chocolat au Praliné Noisette, which has a great name. Unfortunately, it's pretty dry, like a hard brownie (though more tasty, but now it gives me the idea of trying to heat it (after removing the cream and sheet chocolate). Anyway, good but not exciting, so the quite exceptional category can proceed. Found a bakery cafe down there in Akasaka 1 as well, or at least a listing of it on a building, but I'll have to look in detail later. I'm already down with the Akasaka 1 loop, but there are neighboring loops that I've only done one direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment