Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Origines Cacao: Tarte Citron

Worried about (or despite worrying about) various health issues, I ran not so fast to Ginza to get another cake from Origines Cacao (and seem to be okay for it). It wasn't a fast run and I walked a lot of the way home, because I had time and cake. I think there were two cakes I hadn't had at Origines Cacao and I made the obvious choice and took the one that wasn't pumpkin-based: the Tarte Citron. Note, that this is lemon (I assume, though there could be other things in there) meringue and in no way resembles a tart (or pie) in terms of shape and crust. Nevertheless, it seems to be the perfect lemon meringue whatever, with just the right amount of crust, so I'm not suggesting it would have been better in a tart shell (though I'm not saying it wouldn't, because it is good crust). I'm going to go with great for this one, which is a little dangerous, as it probably reflects the lack of any other active great citron cakes (one of the inactive ones is also Origines Cacao, from almost 4 years ago, with other from Viron about 2.5 years ago, both citron noisette cakes). I could pit this against the seasonal JPH cake next, rather than the planned Mont-Blanc, but there's another JPH cake I can use for this one and not have it twice in four days, so I'll hold off at least a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment