Monday, November 18, 2019

Kyobashi Sembikiya; Mont-Blanc and Marron Shortcake

By request, I got two cakes from Kyobashi Sembikiya via Isetan. Actually, I was down on this shop based on non-cake items, I think, or at least I can only find a review of yogurt and fruit, which was okay. I choose Mont-Blanc and the other cake chosen was Marron Shortcake. It's a fruit shop, but these are probably the only two non-fruit cakes, though chestnuts are maybe the least nutty things called nuts, being high in starch, I think, rather than oil and protein.
The Mont-Blanc as actually good, better than I expected, though not distinctive. The Marron Shortcake was also good, even compared to other fruitcakes. Two good cakes makes this a fine shop, though about know a couple hundred of those, so no hurry to go back.

I tried running to Ginza Mitsukoshi later and would have gotten cake for a cake-off if they hadn't been sold out, but I wasn't really surprised that they were. On the way back, I did two new tiny loops clockwise, the Akasaka 3 loop and the Yotsu north loop, both added because of having St. Marc Cafe shops. Actually, there is another just north of the street-level Akasaka 3 loop, but I can't even add that as part of a loop without messing up some other part of the map, so I just have to run a link along there.

No comments:

Post a Comment