Monday, November 11, 2019

Michalak: Framboise-Rose

Got a tenth cake from Michalak, which at least catches them up to the other exceptional cake shops (six plus 4 for cake-off wins). The latest "cake" is more tart, though I guess the French term for this baked good is "clafoutis", though that wasn't used in Japan where they prefixed it with "Unik" I think (which I'm ignoring) but still called it "Framboise-Rose", even though there was no rose petal on it, unlike the version two years ago in France. Still, the raspberry on top makes it fresh cake. It was definitely good, but I'm still waiting for the next great cake from them after two early finds.

The running was relatively short after yesterday's long run: just out to the revised Jinguumae 5&6 loop to do it clockwise and back, which only took about 45 minutes. That and the indoor basic 15 minute workout (since I did squats for warm-up before the run) was enough, since I worked late and ran errands before starting, so supper (and cake) was pretty late.

No comments:

Post a Comment