Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Origines Cacao, Mille-Feuille Tatin

From the last great new cake, Origines Cacao is challenging shops two levels about its shop group, so I was back again this week. This time I went with the Mille-Feuille Tatin. But mille-feuille cakes are tricky constructions at the best of times, so putting a heavy tatin on top isn't the greatest idea, I think. Your only choice is toe separate the two halves, which is reasonable, but a tatin is pretty mild by itself and this cream-filled base doesn't really add much (in hindsight, I probably should have raised the temperature of both parts before eating). Still, good, though and still challenging the quite superb group, so it remains a top priority for new cakes: I expect I'll be back there next Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment