Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Cake-off: Frédéric Cassel's Breteuil over Jean-Paul Hévin's Longchamp Praliné

Monday, I didn't work too late, so I tried again to get cakes for a cake-off from Ginza Mitsukoshi. On the way, I finished confirming the Yotsu north loop on the neighborhood running course, since I had to wait at that light anyway (it's just one block). This time, I was successful getting both cakes: neither shop was sold out of what I wanted.

The Longchamp Praliné was again sugary and nutty with a nice amount of chocolate. The Breteuil is also nutty with a similar amount of chocolate, but also creamy (the longchamp is baked meringue inside, I think) and quite fruity, apparently just from the pistachios, though it seems like there must be more to it. Regardless, for the richer flavors, the Breteuil gets its second win in a row in this second-round cake-off. Haven't calculated whether I'll be able to fit in a third round for Longchamp Praliné before it ends in January, as it's going to take a couple weeks to create a suitable opponent for the Breteuil's third round, which is now the priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment