Sunday, November 10, 2019

Kanomi no Mori: Earl Grey Apricot

I'm five days behind for the usual reason: no, not laziness (but there is that), map-updating. I've had various revised and added loops. Thursday, I finished off the Kita-Aoyama east loop (though the subway access stairway I'm planning on to use when doing the full clump around Akasaka Palace is still closed. I also did three Akasaka loops: the main Akasaka-Roppongi loop and two added loops for Hitsugi Public Park and Akasaka Biz (the Akasaka 5 west and east loops). The first requires using subway access, but the latter doesn't. Both were added as I become stricter about needing access to the actual site, not just pass it on the other side of a barrier street.

Friday night, I did the same loops the opposite directions (so I'm up to day with all as loops), but while doing other errands during the day, I stopped in at the Meiji Memorial Hall (Meiji Kinenkan) and got their brand cake, Kanomi no Mori, on the grounds being highest priority among shops on the neighborhood running course. I foolishly got Earl Grey Apricot, even though it's a chocolate cake that doesn't have "chocolate" in the name, which should have tipped me off that something was wrong. Not that it was bad, and I'm willing to allow that maybe my opinion is not universally shared, so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and call it good. The apricot was very strong, which would have been fine if not contaminated by chocolate. Chocolate fruit is not a good idea. Fruity chocolate is good. Fruit and white chocolate works, and also you can make mousse out of nuts, for example to dilute the fruit, if it has to be a mousse cake. So I won't need to visit again, I think. Sorry, I think I have the cake backward, as there is probably a little apricot hiding behind the chocolate decoration.

No comments:

Post a Comment