Wednesday, October 3, 2018

La Bicerin: Muscat Grape Cake

Monday, I went to Jean-Paul Hévin to get something small and non-cake to tide me over for a day and I choose Sablé Viennois Nougatine Pistache. I also saw that they had three new (at least to my posts) cakes and one new version of an old cake, so I really didn't need to supplement selections from JPH with the sablé, but I did anyway, because I hate to change plans and Sadaharu Aoki is still my priority for my next new cake. After my last big neighborhood run, I updated my map to include more non-cake/pastry places, including chocolate shops, which includes For running, I had decided that I should include Mon Loire, in Minami-Aoyama 6-choume, which required new loop, which I'm calling the Minami-Aoyama south loop and is also an 11th-level loops (counting from southwest of Yotsu 3-choume Station). However, if I apply the run of including things that are across the street from the course, then I should widen the Minami-Aoyama--Nishi-Azabu Loop in include the Yokumoku, which I did and used in this run successfully. The loop is tiny, but the link too it is relative long. Still, to do a one-way neighborhood that does the loop takes a few minutes short of an hour, though then I had to get home. On the way, I noticed that past Yokumoku is also an Inari Shrine that I should include, so I widened the map further, and then I refound in Google Qu'il Fait Bon, a sort of tart shop, so I added that, which expanded the course a little further. Later, the Sablé Viennois Nougatine Pistache seemed, although just one disappears pretty quickly, so its hard to judge.

Tuesday I was busy and then Wednesday morning being busy including going to La Bicerin for lunch at Shinjuku Takashimaya. This a fancy Italian caffè. Sorry, I didn't choose the cake or remember to get the proper name afterward (it wasn't one of the ones on the menu), so let's call it Muscat Grape Cake, though it's more a tart. It was definitely good with very high quality fruit. The half of the lunch set (or whatever they all it) that I had was also good chocolate cake and chocolate raspberry tart.

In the evening, I did the Tokyo Station rounds for the beginning of the month and discovered nothing new at JPH (either Marunouchi or Ginza Mitsukoshi), Viron, F. Cassel, 14 Julliet, or Dalloyau (I had other business and was running late, so I didn't have time to swing by Sadaharu Aoki, though I know they have one or two exclusives there that I want). However, JPH Marunouchi convinced me (the barrista gave me a pitch, recognizing me) that I should try their exclusive crêpe creation before it ends this month, so I plan to. Also, like other JPH stores, I can get the revamped Chocolat Framboise there, which started this month. Not sure how long the running was, but it's over 10 km generally and I had a lot of additional walking.


No comments:

Post a Comment