Saturday, October 6, 2018

Sadaharu Aoki: Paris-Brest au Marron Matcha

Need to catch up before I'm busy again. Thursday, I finally got to Sadaharu Aoki again, and got their Shinjuku Isetan exclusive, Paris-Brest au Marron Matcha, which is actually a cream puff, not a Paris-brest (it's not wheel-shaped), but what you can do. The matcha cream is hidden in the bottom (in a reasonable but necessary amount, as it provides a major part of the sweetening), and there are some hazelnuts visible there, in addition to the main flavor, chestnut. It was interesting, but in an excellent way, so they are still living up to their status as a possibly quite superb shop.

The run (which came before eating the cake) was my biggest of the week, I did a neighborhood course run down to Shibuya Station, which takes 45+ minutes, and on which I tried to verify some of the recent changes of Jinguumae--Kita-Aoyama Central loop. Then I tried to Daikanyama-chou--Dougenzaka--Ebisunishi--Hachiyama-chou--Sakuragaoka-chou--Sarugaku-chou--Shibuya--Uguisudani-chou loop, which is as complicated as the name and the last of my "11th" loops (ten loops from the Samonchou loop) that I'm doing one-way neighborhood runs for. The big change from last time I did any part of this loop (I don't think I've tried to do all of any previous version at one time) was to add a few more churches and a couple cake shops and not bother to cross back over to the west end of Shibuya Station by pedestrian bridges on the groups that the landmarks there are accessible on food through the corridors and tunnels of Shibuya Station, so Shibuya Mark City doesn't need a special visit. It took over an hour to do the loop and in fact I ran into a problem at the end: no bridge back to the station from the southeast side. The whole area is under construction and there are subway entrances that you can use to cross, so I'm not even sure that they are going to reopen that bridge ever. The north-south bridge worked to get to the loop, though it's a temp, so I'm not sure what will happen later, but it goes to a big new shopping area, so at least the people who built that have an incentive to keep that connection, but again there are (really deep) tunnels if they don't. As a result, I've split off the northeast part as a separate mini-loop (linked by a bridge that's still open); perhaps I'll separately practice it among the "12th" loops, presumably at the same time I practice the mini Ebisunishi loop again and try the Kamimeguro loop through Naka-Meguro Station.

No comments:

Post a Comment