Monday, October 29, 2018

Jean-Paul Hévin: Fondant du Menu

Decided for a change to catch a new café dessert from Jean-Paul Hévin, since I'm maxed out on the number of cakes. Should still have checked their cake line-up for additions, though I could have asked. Need to do that for the Ginza store tomorrow, since it's around the end of the month where they were sneaking things in last time.

Anyway, this is the Fondant du Menu, which is a fondant chocolat with maybe additional chocolate syrup and lots of whipped cream on the side (not shown, but maybe equal in mass). It was excellent, I'll say, maybe generously. I have less experience and appreciation of café desserts, maybe. This was part of a drink set, so I choose Chocolat Chaud Africain, which I've never had. I'll generous say that it was good, but I really did not get much taste of it. The texture was normal, but I just wasn't feeling even chocolate, really, though that may just because because it was with and following the fondant. Among their regular menu, the standard Parisien seems to remain the best. The chestnut was the best, though, so I'll have it again when I get the chance.

For the run, I practiced the pruned and otherwise modified Hatsudai--Tomigaya--Yoyogi loop. I was okay east of Yamanote-doori Ave., but the new west section is tough, so I'll practice again when I practice the loop that used to be on the north end, the part north of the highway. I also notice a pedestrian "Pleasure walk" on the south end that I should expand to cover the entire length, but that's easily done without needing to change much.

No comments:

Post a Comment