Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Jean-Paul Hévin: Chocolat Framboise (2018)

Sunday, there was cycling in the morning to try to review landmarks on the Hatagaya--Honmachi--Minami-Dai--Nishi-Shinjuku loop, which I thought was going to be a 13th-level loop until the connecting 12th-level loop got merged with its source as the Hatagaya--Hatsudai--Honmachi--Tomigaya--Yoyogi loop, now my longest at 11.7 km. I axed one park that was just a small paved area with one corner as a bicycle-sharing station and missed a couple landmarks on the other side the road to the north, where I don't have any immediate exits (my entrance link is from the south and there is a pedestrian bridge crossing out to the west). So I think I'm now ready to try this as a one-way neighborhood course run, which is good, because it's second on the list of level 12 loops and I plan to do the first one Tuesday.

In the afternoon I went to the Jean-Paul Hévin in Marunouchi, mostly for variations on things I've had before, shared between two. The limited item was the Coussin d'Amour Orange, which I had forgotten that I had before, since previously it was on a plate with a little chocolate sauce on top. It's a chocolate crepe with I'm not sure what kind of filling and orange sauce and this time it came in a paper sleeve for eating by hand and without any chocolate decoration. I think this presentation helped me appreciate it as excellent, though that's based mainly on the orange sauce. The chocolate crepe doesn't really add anything for me.

The other main selection was the Chocolat Framboise, which the receipt adds an "N" too, probably for new, since this is a change version as of this month. The top now doesn't have fresh raspberry and the now is now thinner and more gelatinous, which isn't any better an idea than it sounds. Not sure what they are thinking. It's still good, still relative dry and now there's a new gelatinous texture that doesn't help.

The best thing about the Marunouchi shop (besides being an an addition place that might have something different), is the hot chocolate, since it's less than halve the price of what's at Isetan and the selection is not bad. It's worth putting up with a paper cup instead of a tea cup. I had a new flavor for me, Chocolat Chaud Brésil, which was excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment