Sunday, October 21, 2018

Ryoura, Clair

Croissant from Shibuichi Bakery
Sunday, I decide to change my plan to get my next JPH cake (I'll go tomorrow), and instead ran out to Ryoura (since I can't go on a workday). It was a shorter run, but I didn't go direct. I went first to the north end of Meiji Shrine grounds and walked to the shrine and out to the south end (it's posted "no jogging", and there are guard to enforce it, plus thousands of people, though the path is wide). From there I went down to Shibuichi Bakery again, now that it was open, and got a Croissant which was excellent I guess. Certainly it was sufficiently flaky and light enough in the middle for me, though the excellence might owe more to the fact that I'm not able to get to them early in the day very often. Blogger apparently doesn't want to rotate this picture, so you get the sideways version.

Hikawa-dai Children's Playground
From there, it's mostly west to Ryoura, more west than the roads run, so there were some turns. I stopped at a couple landmarks for future neighborhood courses (if I get the current one's mastered so I can expand again), just to chip away at them. At Ryoura, I made a mistake and ordered Clair, which has chestnut mousse, orange-flavored almond caramel (not sure what that means, but it sounds good), but, and I missed this until I had already ordered, confirmed, and payed, coffee crème brûlée. I considered pleading for an exchange but decided to take responsibility.



Clair from Ryoura
Though at first a little disappointed, I came to look forward to the challenge, as it's inconvenient to have to avoid coffee. As it happens, it was good and it didn't leave a sickening aftertaste, which marks a huge improvement over most experiences, so I'm going to call it excellent, because I would at least get it again for someone else, even if I'm okay with no coffee-flavored cakes for another year. However, I've seen JPH's Christmas line-up, and I may end of another cake with coffee this year (plus, JPH's other coffee flavored cake, while not my favorite, was still pretty good as well).

No comments:

Post a Comment