Thursday, October 11, 2018

Cacao Store, Exotic Edamame

Wednesday, feeling fine despite Tuesday's long run, I did a run out to Bien-être, where they did not have any of their seasonal cakes, so nothing new for me to try. Rather than reserve something for another day, I finally followed up on the cake-off win by the Cacao Store (Théobroma) in Tomigaya, Shibuya-ku. My choice there was between Exotic (or maybe Exotique) Edamame, which is coconut and I suppose edamame (immature soybeans, usually eaten steamed, in bars) though I didn't look that closely, and an orange cream puff, so I went with the more traditional cake over the puff. I walked back mostly, because of carrying cake and just in case my body needed the rest, checking out a landmark in Harujuku, which I rejected as an ice cream place, which I don't want get into.

I've had great coconut cakes, though it's not my favorite flavor and this one did not have much else going on. It was still okay, but that's a pretty low level of appreciation, so I'm not even going to bother cross-posting to Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment