Monday, October 22, 2018

Jean-Paul Hévin: Bergamot

Since I went out to Ryoura Sunday, Monday I got the third of this month's new cakes from Jean-Paul Hévin, Bergamot. For running, I tried and failed again on the Kita-Aoyama--Jinguumae--Shibuya loop (south Harajuku). I started near Cat Street again and failed within a turn after leaving it in middle, but got the part I screwed up previously, at the end of Cat Street, correct. Actually, I perhaps had been getting the middle part wrong previously without knowing it and this time after making the first turn correctly, I wasn't sure what to do next and chose wrong (I wasn't more than 170 deg wrong). I am satisfied with my knowledge of the Shibuya north loop, though I had my doubts at the time. I also got the tiny Minami-Aoyama loop but had multiple problems with the Shibuya--Minami-Aoyama loop.

Bergamot (Jean-Paul Hévin)
On the plus side, the Bergamot was great. I feared that the top was be gelatinous and destroy the texture, like with the updated Chocolat Framboise, but there was no problem. Orange-flavored cream and Bergamot-flavored like milk chocolate mousse with a crunchy base: the structure was standard for them, but a standard that works. Hope they keep this around for another month, but I'll maybe do a cake-off next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment