Thursday, February 2, 2017

Thursday: Chianti: Juliet

Ran back to Marunouchi again today, this time to the cake shop for Chianti in the Marunouchi building. Chianti was just at Isetan (where I would have saved 8%). Got Juliet (648 yen), which is a pink raspberry heart-shaped cake. Yes, I should know better than get anything not round or square, since that means gelatin. In fact, I ran this cake 5+ km at 10 km/h and found that they had not actually restrained it in any way inside its box. Of course, I tried to be careful, but was surprised to find it perfectly intact. That's some well-set gelatin. Is I hinted, I was not impressed by it, though it was typical of its ilk, so I can call it good. Someone who likes this kind of cake should judge whether it's excellent. I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt calling it good, though it was definitely not bad, just not worth bothering with to me. The run there was on the low end of 12 km/h.

Not sure when I'll run next, as I'm busy this weekend. That might mean that I'll take a long run somewhere next week on a work night, assuming I can get off close to on time (though there are couple of far off places that are open to 9 km, so maybe I could start a little late: I'd have to look up how far they really are).

No comments:

Post a Comment