Thursday, February 9, 2017

14 Juillet Tokyo: Carmel Chocolle Prelle

Mixed rain and snow today, but not so much and the ground is not cold enough for ice, so I was able to run, but kept it at around 10 km/h all 11 km, which is fine. I'm going to run up against my budget limit Sunday, so I don't need to run fast. Actually, because coming in from outside as soon as possible seemed more important than shortest distance, I came back the slightly longer way that runs past P. Shima in Kohjimachi, which seems to be more level (which can be good or bad, but definitely good in bad weather). Also, I notice looking at a map that this takes me near a natural baked-goods shop TiMi, which I realize that I should check out, although I'm more interested in French sweets with exotic ingredients, which probably is not their thing.

I went to Marunouchi again for 14 Juillet Tokyo for Carmel Chocolle Prelle (カラメル・ショコラ・ポワール; 480 yen), which is definitely not the French spelling and Google doesn't recognize, so it probably was not thought about very much. Anyway, this is chocolate and caramel mouse with a caramel gelatin coating and pear in the center, as well as a some alcohol of some sort and visible nuts, which I didn't try to identify. There are so many things that could have gone wrong for me here, but actually this was a good well-balanced cake. It didn't "grab me", but the more I considered it, the more I respected it, so I went from rating it good to definitely excellent, which is very nice, since this shop is very accessible and has a large selection.

No comments:

Post a Comment