Thursday, February 2, 2017

Wednesday: Maison g Tokyo [Meguro Gajoen]: Sicilian

I'm behind, as I've been busy, including making macarons yesterday, including both the shells and the ganache filling. My ganache recipe didn't work out well, and the macarons were still not perfect. I should work on some other recipes next time.

The run was 15.0 km/h sprints, actually. I had thought I could manage 200 m, since I had gotten close on 300 m when doing 13.0 km/h intervals, but I messed up my chronometer on the first one and then the second was 0.22 s too slow (actually one was 225 m, because it's the last part of the course). That's within my error on self-timing, but I want to clearly make the goal, so I switched to 100 m sprints. That I could do, but all (six) of them came out 16 km/h, with two actually reaching 16.0 km/h. After that training run, I went down to Tokyo Midtown (at about 10 km/h) to confirm something and then back to Lawson 100 for groceries.. So about 6 km around 10 km/h about 1 km around 15 km/h.

I had already gotten my cake from the visiting Isetan counter, which is called maison g Tokyo, but is part of Meguro Gajoen, a wedding ceremon, complex, I think, so I'm not sure how welcome I would be if I show up down there sweaty, but we'll see. I got what they said was the specialty, and they use a picture of it on the Meguro Gajoen for the link to the cake shop, though aren't featuring it there. This is the Sicilian, which used pistachios and almonds, so definitely my kind of cake. Because of that, I'm not sure whether my finding it excellent says much about the quality of the shop, but is see when I follow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment