Thursday, February 23, 2017

Pierre Hermé: Tarte Infiniment Chocolat au Lait

Had to work late and was still tired from yesterday's long run, so I gave up on doing a strenuous "training" run. Given the wind today, that was just as well, and the issue of being in danger of exceeding my running budget again this weekend, despite my body indicating that maybe I don't need to be in such a hurry to expand my distance was supported taking it a little easy. Instead, I apparently took it very easy, because my about 8 km was only at 9 km/h (though will some steepish slopes and one pedestrian bridge). I did errands: verified the nearest Nikunohanamasa did not have roasted unsalted peanuts (they've become an unreliable source, so I'm not too surprised), that I can get Bernard from Toshi Yoroizuka for my next great cake comparison, though I should cake to reserve a piece, since they tend to get cleaned out from 3 pm (same clerk as last time, so I confirm the unavailability of two other great cakes while I was there this time), and hit Lawson's 100 for groceries.

So the plan is no cake tomorrow and run to next near
est Nikunohanamasa looking for peanuts. I'll bank that cake for when I'm ready for the next cake off, some time next week (the other cake is a regular from Isetan, so I'm hoping I won't have to worry about getting that one).

Today's cake was from Pierre Hermé, which I decided I needed a new cake from as a "reward" from winning my first cake-off (so I'll also need an extra visit to Dalloyau for the second one): Tarte Infiniment Chocolat au Lait (648 yen). This is just a tart, of course, one having a hard tart shell with caramel in the bottom (so you have to watch out for it being squeezed out when you cut into it), a main body of solid milk chocolate with some peanut pieces, little crunchy chocolate balls, and some dark chocolate sauce to stick the top lid of chocolate on and/or keep any loose balls from escaping. For a tart, it is a little complicated but still fairly straightforward. To me, it's a great example of chocolate tart, so I hope I get a chance to compare it to other great chocolate or caramel tarts.

No comments:

Post a Comment